[Beowulf] HP 10 GbE card use/warranty

Alex Chekholko chekh at pcbi.upenn.edu
Mon Mar 29 13:28:53 PDT 2010

Hi Steve,

I can report that I had the same problem.  I have a bunch of NC510c
cards in IBM X3650 servers.  One broke, with the symptom that it would
just hang any machine I put it into.  Luckily (or with great
foresight), I had previously ordered a spare to have on hand.  At one
point, the HP tech on the line was able to find the serial number in
the HP system somewhere but only confirm that my card was out of
warranty (it was manufactured long before we purchased it).  In the
end, our VAR was able to convince their distributor to mail me a new
working card, free.  Took a couple of weeks.

Here, I can even copy in our e-mail chain, somewhat sanitized:

*****