[Beowulf] Problems installing HPL 2.0

Mark Hahn hahn at mcmaster.ca
Fri Mar 26 19:40:06 PDT 2010

> Can somebody help me on a problem I am experiencing when trying to install
>HPL 2.0 in our system?  The error comes as the HPL_dlamch.c isn’t working
>because it can’t find the hpl.h include file.   The file already exists in
>$(TOPdir)/include/hpl.h. Do I am missing something?

the makefile isn't passing the -I when compiling that file:

> /usr/lib64/openmpi/1.3.2-gcc/bin/mpicc -o HPL_dlange.o -c  -DHPL_CALL_CBLAS -I/niaidAdmin/apps/hpl-2.0/include -I/niaidAdmin/apps/hpl-2.0/include -I/niaidAdmin/apps/hpl-2.0/include/Linux_x86_64 -I/usr/include -I/usr/include/openmpi -pipe -O3 -funroll-loops  ../HPL_dlange.c
> /usr/lib64/openmpi/1.3.2-gcc/bin/mpicc -o HPL_dlamch.o -c   ../HPL_dlamch.c
> ../HPL_dlamch.c:50:17: error: hpl.h: No such file or directory

everything between the -DHPL_CALL... and -funroll-loops is missing.
you need to look at the makefile in src/auxil/niaid...

> I have added the directory /myApps/hpl-2.0/include into my LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> without any result.

thank goodness!  ;)  that would make no sense, since LD_LIBRARY_PATH is
strictly a runtime/library thing, nothing to do with compile-time/headers.

> Disclaimer: The information in this e-mail and any of its attachments is
>confidential and may contain sensitive information. It should not be used by
>anyone who is not the original intended recipient. If you have received this
>e-mail in error please inform the sender and delete it from your mailbox or
>any other storage devices. National Institute of Allergy and Infectious
>Diseases shall not accept liability for any statements made that are
>sender's own and not expressly made on behalf of the NIAID by one of its
>representatives.

I assume you know that this boilerplate is completely meaningless...

regards, mark hahn.