[Beowulf] error while using mpirun

richard.walsh at comcast.net richard.walsh at comcast.net
Fri Mar 12 20:11:28 PST 2010

Akshar bhosale wrote:

>When i do:
>
>/usr/local/mpich-1.2.6/bin/mpicc -o test test.c ,i get test ;but when i do
>/usr/local/mpich-1.2.6/bin/mpirun -np 4 test,i get
>
>p0_31341: p4_error: Path to program is invalid while starting
>/home/npsf/last with rsh on dragon: -1
>p4_error: latest msg from perror: No such file or directory error.
>
>please suggest the solution.

Looks like the directory that your MPI executable 'test' is in is:

/home/npsf/last

Correct? This directory needs to be visible on each node used
by MPI to run your program. You might also need to put a ./ in
front of the name of the executable, as in ./test . You also need
be able the 'rsh' to each of those nodes. Because you have not
specified a 'machines' file, MPI is using the default file in the install
tree which normally lists the nodes in simple sequence. Still, I
think the problem option 1 or 2 above.

rbw