[Beowulf] Windows Master, Linux Slaves

MArk Fennema markcf at rocketmail.com
Sun Mar 7 07:08:27 PST 2010

I'm not sure at all if this would be at all beowulfy, or even if it would be possible. That's why I'm asking you. What I want to set up is a cluster computer that can run standard windows applications. Random download games, Microsoft office, etc. So I was wondering, is it at all possible to run a windows master computer that's controlling Linux slaves, and if I did, would it improve the performance of usual applications (or make it possible to run more of them at the same time). I know this isn't the most useful or the cheapest way to make a computer like this, but it's kind of an experiment.