[Beowulf] copying data between clusters

Jonathan Dursi ljdursi at scinet.utoronto.ca
Fri Mar 5 11:16:12 PST 2010

On 03/05/2010 01:10 PM, Bill Broadley wrote:
> Grid-ftp?  http://www.globus.org/toolkit/docs/3.2/gridftp/key/index.html

If you don't already have the globus framework set up on both ends,
getting it installed just for gridftp is a huge amount of work;
especially since the advantage of gridftp doesn't derive from its
grid-nature at all, it's just multi-channel and the protocol has big

We've had good luck with rsync over hpn-ssh

There's a java package out of CERN called FDT

which looks promising but we've not had much luck getting it to be
particularly fast; but maybe we're doing something wrong.

	- Jonathan
Jonathan Dursi     <ljdursi at scinet.utoronto.ca>