[Beowulf] Scale modl Cray-1

Lux, Jim (337C) james.p.lux at jpl.nasa.gov
Fri Jul 30 09:09:15 PDT 2010

Certainly, there are simulators for the 1130, PDP-11, PDP-8... They run in simulation faster on a PC than on the original machine..  But you don't have the thwap of the cards in the reader, or the whine of the chain in the printer, or need to swap disks between passes for the Fortran compiler.

On 7/30/10 8:15 AM, "Gus Correa" <gus at ldeo.columbia.edu> wrote:

Hearns, John wrote:
> Enjoy.  http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/07/29/cray_1_replica/
>
> The contents of this email are confidential and for the exclusive use of the intended recipient.  If you receive this email in error you should not copy it, retransmit it, use it or disclose its contents but should return it to the sender immediately and delete your copy.

In this age of virtualization,
I was wondering if there are simulators in software (say, for Linux)
of famous old computers: PDP-11, VAX, Cray-1, IBM 1130, IBM/360,
CDC 6600, even the ENIAC perhaps.
 From instruction set, to OS, to applications.

Any references?

Thanks,