[Beowulf] hp dl170h g6?

Michael Di Domenico mdidomenico4 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 19:01:08 PDT 2010

Does anyone on the list have HP DL170h G6 blade chassis's on their
floor?  Ours came with the on-board NIC mac addresses programmed in
descending order, I'm curious if this is something new, I've never
seen this done before.  Every machine we have on the floor now has
them in ascending order.

The downside to the nic enumeration is that in bios eth0 is eth0 and
pxe's from eth0, however, when inside anaconda (redhat) eth0 is really
eth1, and thus kickstart cant run.  The only time i've seen this
happen is when the nic drivers load out of order, but that's easy to
fix in the initrd

HP gave me a bunch of software workarounds, that I'm not overly happy
with, but I'd rather not have to put in a bunch of workarounds all
over the place for these specific machines.

Does anyone know if this is firmware flash fixable?  HP refuses to
acknowledge the question...