[Beowulf] Transient NFS Problems in New Cluster

Jon Forrest jlforrest at berkeley.edu
Tue Feb 2 15:27:20 PST 2010

On 2/2/2010 2:29 PM, Joe Landman wrote:

> We still recommend turning off autofs for home directories. We've seen
> lots of problems with it on many clusters. Hard mounts are IMO better.
> That server should be able to handle it.

These problems were also happening for another
non-home mount, but I hear what you're saying.

This is the only cluster we're seeing the problem
on, but then this is the only cluster with a
Sun storage server. All the others are using
CentOS 5.X. Do you think this problem could
be caused by the server? Also, what do you
believe the fundamental cause is?

Cordially,
--
Jon Forrest