[Beowulf] Building a Beowulf - Noob

Hearns, John john.hearns at mclaren.com
Mon Apr 19 01:30:14 PDT 2010

> I am a bit new. Trying to build a cluster from ground up. I need to
> build a new 32 node cluster from ground up.
>
> Hardware has been decided, Nehalam based, but OS is still a debate. I
> am
> in a dilemma whether to keep things simple or to cut costs.

My advice? Talk to the cluster vendors. There are several on this list,
or just look at
clustermonkey.net or other sites.
You then get a tried and tested software stack, support on the software
side and support on the
hardware - ie something goes 'pop' you should get on the phone and have
a replacement sent out.
Cluster vendors will also happily help you get your applications
integrated.

John Hearns

The contents of this email are confidential and for the exclusive use of the intended recipient.  If you receive this email in error you should not copy it, retransmit it, use it or disclose its contents but should return it to the sender immediately and delete your copy.