Fwd: [Beowulf] What is best OS for GRID or clusters?

Jeremy Baker jellogum at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 09:55:08 PDT 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jeremy Baker <jellogum at gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 9:54 AM
Subject: Re: [Beowulf] What is best OS for GRID or clusters?
To: Mark Hahn <hahn at mcmaster.ca>

Sun Solaris Express Developer Edition, w/ Sun Studio compilers, Netbeans ...
is a 4G DVD I obtained in the pulp Linux User & Developer (mag issue 76).

For legacy hardware, it would work.

Time is finite for me, I must pick a system, and presently I have plans to
focus on GCC and BSD Linux, that is until a reasonable argument is made to
switch, if there is a reason.

Baker

--
Jeremy Baker