[Beowulf] any creative ways to crash Linux?: does a shared NIC IMPI always remain responsive?

Rahul Nabar rpnabar at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 14:35:30 PDT 2009

On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 1:53 PM, David N. Lombard
<dnlombar at ichips.intel.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 11:18:33AM -0700, Hearns, John wrote:

> Well, "running Linux" is very different from "running a full blown Linux".  For
> example, I have a kernel, initrd, dhcp, shell, ability to mount file systems,
> kexec, ssh, and a boot loader in about 1.28MiB that I can flash onto a platform
> flash.

True. I just thought that if my  BMC is running a webserver it cannot
be all that stripped down. Maybe I am wrong and it is possible to
write a compact webserver. Maybe there's ways to serve out those html
pages without even having a webserver.....

--
Rahul