[Beowulf] recommendation on crash cart for a cluster room: full cluster KVM is not an option I suppose?

Rahul Nabar rpnabar at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 12:46:52 PDT 2009

On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 1:32 AM, Beat Rubischon <beat at 0x1b.ch> wrote:

> As long as a single person or a motivated team handles a datacenter,
> everything looks good. But when spare time operators or even worse several
> groups are using a spare room in the basement, bad things are common.

+1 coming from a university setting. I think this is very typical
amongst my peers. Not "good" , or "desirable"; but just a fact.

I also suspect this is a "size of the cluster" issue. Many of the
HPC-clusters I see are "small". 30-50 servers clustered together. I
think these tend to be a lot more messy and hacked-together than the
nice, clean, efficient setups  many of you on this list might have.
Mark probably deals with "huge" systems. Just a thought.

--
Rahul