[Beowulf] Re: CentOS plus Fedora kernel?

Dave Love d.love at liverpool.ac.uk
Thu Nov 26 09:02:05 PST 2009

Greg Lindahl <lindahl at pbm.com> writes:

> Since you guys seem determined to speculate about what feature I need,
> it's the new scheduler, CFS, which appeared in 2.6.23.

What's wrong with the Linux from RedHat's HPC/`Grid' offering (whatever
it's called), then?  It has a 2.6.24 base.  I can't try it because of a
pestilential proprietary driver, but it seemed really to be more
appropriate for compute nodes in various respects (given that I don't
have a choice about running a RHEL-based system).