[Beowulf] Should I go for diskless or not?

Dr Cool Santa drcoolsanta at gmail.com
Sun May 24 20:10:22 PDT 2009

@Gus: According to the documentation, Schrodinger software should only run
good on MPICH1, otherwise I'd have preferred MPICH2.

@Tom: Yeah I know I could do that, I could assign the IP address, that
worked, but the hostname just didn't work, so I didn't bother. I did check
the option for it to configure hostname via DHCP, and I also configured my
server to give out hostnames, it just didn't work. I made the startup
scripts assign the hostname according to the IP address, and it seems the
server is giving out the IP addresses according to the MAC address already.
Its not going on in the order.

@John: I knew that, it is not the issue I am having problems with.