[Beowulf] Mailing list statistics (do they officially exist?)

Lux, James P james.p.lux at jpl.nasa.gov
Fri May 22 06:17:39 PDT 2009

Some years ago, I processed some large chunk of archives to count number of posts per source.. As expected, lots of posts from a few people, and a few posts from a lot of people.  I didn't look at anything like "thread length" or "number of participants per thread"

On 5/22/09 1:51 AM, "Bogdan Costescu" <Bogdan.Costescu at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de> wrote:

On Tue, 19 May 2009, kyron at example.com wrote:

> Is there any (semi) official statistics of the Beowulf M.L. as I am
> curious to see how it has progressed.

I'd be interested in this kind of data too. But I would appreciate
even more some kind of semantic analysis... are there any
computational linguistics experts on this list ? I want to separate
among others the "Fortran vs. world" from "vi vs. emacs" wars :-)

--
Bogdan Costescu

IWR, University of Heidelberg, INF 368, D-69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Phone: +49 6221 54 8240, Fax: +49 6221 54 8850
E-mail: bogdan.costescu at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de