[Beowulf] recommendations for cluster upgrades

Steve Herborn herborn at usna.edu
Tue May 12 12:38:58 PDT 2009

Well to me it isn't wishing.  I guess it is all going to depend on how BIG
your buy is, but I usually like to have them benchmark my application on
whatever hardware they are proposing if it is different then my current.  If
you are having success with AMD, and as you say "In the interest of
homogeneity" I'd probably stick with the architecture I'm already running if
just adding a couple of nodes.

One thing about the Top500, they are the Top500 of those submitted, not of
all systems out there.  There are many reasons why somebody wouldn't want
their system submitted -- for example people who names are three letter
acronyms.

Steven A. Herborn
U.S. Naval Academy
Advanced Research Computing