[Beowulf] evaluating FLOPS capacity of our cluster

Rahul Nabar rpnabar at gmail.com
Mon May 11 09:38:54 PDT 2009

I was recently asked to report the FLOPS capacity of our home-built
computing cluster. Never did that before. Some googling revealed that
LINPACK is one such benchmark. Any other options / suggestions?

I am not interested in a very precise value just a general ballpark to
generate what-if scenarios for future additions and phase-outs. This
is mostly commodity Dell hardware. Can I get approximate FLOPS numbers
(neglecting network etc.) off the shelf anywhere?

--
Rahul