[Beowulf] Re: newbie

Douglas Eadline deadline at eadline.org
Mon May 11 04:44:51 PDT 2009

I agree and I also believe that good benchmark data
takes time and care. Which is why some of this data
can be hard to come by. i.e. tried XYZ cc
on my app and things go faster, I'm done.

The problem is further compounded by multi-core.
Unless you benchmark the all CPU sockets you
never really know how fast something runs.
I wrote about this in a previous LM column.

  Good Enough Will Have To Do
  http://www.linux-mag.com/id/7267

--
Doug