[Beowulf] Re: newbie

Mark Hahn hahn at mcmaster.ca
Fri May 8 12:40:25 PDT 2009

> I don't see anything on there to indicate that it is in any way faster
> than regular gcc.

well, being different, I'd expect some differences, though wouldn't
guess which direction.  I'd be surprised if it was uniformly _slower_
which seems to be what you're expressing.

> Never mind real code, not even standard benchmarks.
> Or any comparisons to the commercial compilers, including Intel's.  If
> somebody has a link to it, this sort of info is good to have.

there's a message here:
http://forums.amd.com/devforum/messageview.cfm?catid=373&threadid=112644&enterthread=y
(free registration/login probably required) that claims to have gotten
20% boost vs gcc 4.3.2 on Enigma at Home (www.enigmaathome.net I guess.)