[Beowulf] Beowulf SysAdmin Job Description

Douglas Guptill douglas.guptill at dal.ca
Mon May 4 16:09:12 PDT 2009

Amen to that!

Too many Ph.D persons (in fields other than Computer Science) assume
that any sort of computer work is something they could do in their
spare time, if they just took the time.

These persons do not acknowledge that, since the 1960's, the art and
science of programming and sysadmin'ing of computers have grown into a
field that also warrants high level university degrees.  Even - gasp!
- a Ph.D.

Douglas.