[Beowulf] Beowulf SysAdmin Job Description

Steve Herborn herborn at usna.edu
Tue May 5 07:31:31 PDT 2009

Yes the first set of tasks, not the second.

True IT Management (at like the Director, CTO/CIO level) takes years of
practical experience in many IT disciplines and additional training to
attain the proficiency to perform the task semi-competently, let alone well.

Normally PhD level Scientists (outside of CS) are not interested in
attaining that level, let alone performing the tasks once they do.

Steven A. Herborn
U.S. Naval Academy
Advanced Research Computing
410-293-6480 (Desk)