[Beowulf] Lowered latency with multi-rail IB?

Joshua mora acosta joshua_mora at usa.net
Fri Mar 27 11:09:35 PDT 2009

So a way to quantify if multirail helps on network latency driven workloads
there should be a sinthetic benchmark that can be built to show off the impact
of balancing these requests among multiple HCAs bound to different network
paths or core pairs like an all-to-[all,gather,scatter] or barrier benchmark
and in theory observe half the total latency of that overall communication.
So I think multirail will reduce latency of sinchronizations (collective
calls) but not to latency driven point to point communications.

Joshua