[Beowulf] One time password generators...

Robert G. Brown rgb at phy.duke.edu
Tue Mar 24 20:28:24 PDT 2009

On Tue, 24 Mar 2009, Billy Crook wrote:

> If you want to spend as little as possible:
> http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/otpw.html

Thanks, I hadn't found this one.  I'll look it over.

> And if your users don't like typing long random things in, but you
> still want them to use one-time credentials:
> http://www.yubico.com/products/yubikey/

This one I had found -- it isn't exactly like the secureid thing, but it
looks like it would work in a self-sufficient way, and one can
overload/reload it with your own AES keys so that you really aren't
relying in any way on a third party for authentication.

> Both can be integrated with PAM.  Yubikeys go for $25 (less in
> quantity).  Their server side software is Free Software, hosted on
> Google Code. http://code.google.com/u/simon75j/

Have you tried either or both of them?

    rgb

Duke University Dept. of Physics, Box 90305
Durham, N.C. 27708-0305
Phone: 1-919-660-2567  Fax: 919-660-2525     email:rgb at phy.duke.edu