[Beowulf] Grid scheduler for Windows XP

Huw Lynes lynesh at cardiff.ac.uk
Thu Mar 5 00:28:36 PST 2009

On Thu, 2009-03-05 at 01:29 -0500, Sangamesh B wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
>    Is there a Grid scheduler (only open source, like SGE) tool which
> can be installed/run on Windows XP Desktop systems (there is no Linux
> involvement strictly).
>
> The applications used under this grid are Native to Windows XP.

Condor would be my first thought.
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/

We use it to run batch jobs across our Windows XP desktops. We run the
central manager on a linux box, but you can use Windows for that as
well.

Cheers,
Huw

--
Huw Lynes                       | Advanced Research Computing
HEC Sysadmin                    | Cardiff University
                                | Redwood Building,
Tel: +44 (0) 29208 70626        | King Edward VII Avenue, CF10 3NB