[Beowulf] Grid scheduler for Windows XP

Huw Lynes lynesh at cardiff.ac.uk
Thu Mar 5 00:28:36 PST 2009

On Thu, 2009-03-05 at 01:29 -0500, Sangamesh B wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>    Is there a Grid scheduler (only open source, like SGE) tool which
> can be installed/run on Windows XP Desktop systems (there is no Linux
> involvement strictly).
> The applications used under this grid are Native to Windows XP.

Condor would be my first thought.

We use it to run batch jobs across our Windows XP desktops. We run the
central manager on a linux box, but you can use Windows for that as

Huw Lynes                       | Advanced Research Computing
HEC Sysadmin                    | Cardiff University
                                | Redwood Building,
Tel: +44 (0) 29208 70626        | King Edward VII Avenue, CF10 3NB