[Beowulf] RE:small distro for PXE boot, autostarts sshd?

David N. Lombard dnlombar at ichips.intel.com
Fri Feb 27 15:14:47 PST 2009

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 03:35:02PM -0700, David Mathog wrote:

> The only remaining complication, and it is a minor one, is that since
> the remote system has a new set of keys each time it boots, on the
> client one must delete the previous key or it won't connect because it
> thinks it sees a man in the middle attack.

Depending on your circustances, instead of regenerating the system keys,
you could put the system keys into the boel load so they never change.

You could also put your public key into boel and change the config to:
  PermitEmptyPasswords no
  PasswordAuthentication no
to ensure you and only you get to log in...

--
David N. Lombard, Intel, Irvine, CA
I do not speak for Intel Corporation; all comments are strictly my own.