[Beowulf] technical comparison of different MPI-implementations?

Nogotheg nogotheg at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 17:07:29 PST 2009

Hello list,

some nice guys told me to ask the pros for my question and adress myself to
the beowulf-list. After searching the archives with different search terms,
I decided to ask this question on the list - hoping it wasn't asked that
often before ;-).

Could anybody of you point me to some readings (manuals, papers, websites)
where different open source MPI-implementations are compared? I don't ask
for some suggestion which one to use. I want to dig into that for myself
(even though I always welcome any help ;-) ) and have a look into the code.
So any writings about the technical details (like _how_ is openmpi treating
shm compared to mpich, _why_ is lam-mpi better when using ethernet than
FOO-mpi, etc.).

Thank you very much for your time (and please don't hesitate to point me to
some FAQ/RTFM site if existant...),

Nogotheg