[Beowulf] ifort and gfortran

Dmitri Chubarov dmitri.chubarov at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 10:19:09 PST 2009

Dear Fumie,

does the code read anything from a file?
Note, there are many non-standard features in intel fortran, so that the
code that works
correctly under ifort might behave differently when compiled under a
different compiler.

Among these features are
- support for lines longer than 132 characters in free form,
- binary file input/output

gdb should certainly help to point the problem.

You may try also SunStudio compilers for that may give you better
diagnostics than gfortran.
Which version of gfortran do you use?