[Beowulf] Connecting two 24-port IB edge switches to core switch:extra switch hop overhead

Nifty Tom Mitchell niftyompi at niftyegg.com
Thu Feb 12 13:45:01 PST 2009

If the bulk of your computation fits on 4-8 nodes then
a pair of 24 port switches will provide good service for you.

I doubt that there is a need for special queues to establish IB switch
specific host assignments.  Yet, it might pay to establish multiple queues
early on for other reasons.

Latency should not be an issue in the 2 each 24 port switch .vs. 48 port case.
The larger switches are built out of the same ASICS that small switches
are. The internal links are almost equivalent to having an external
link...

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l
	Found me a new hat, now what?