[Beowulf] Sony PS3, random news

Bernard Li bernard at vanhpc.org
Fri Dec 11 09:26:41 PST 2009

Hi Gerry:

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 1:22 PM, Gerald Creager <gerry.creager at tamu.edu> wrote:

> Grand Theft Auto?  More'n'likely, YellowDog Linux, which is what the folks
> in Colorado adapted, under contract with Sony, to generate for the PS3.

:-)

Actually by now you could install pretty much any Linux flavour on the
PS3.  I was talking specifically about what system software they used
to provision the 2000+ PS3s.  You would still need to manually switch
each PS3 to boot from "otheros", but beyond that it would be nice to
have an automated system of provisioning the OS...

Cheers,

Bernard