[Beowulf] Re: Beowulf Digest, Vol 70, Issue 17

Jeff Johnson jeff.johnson at aeoncomputing.com
Mon Dec 7 12:11:44 PST 2009

On 12/7/09 12:00 PM, beowulf-request at beowulf.org wrote:
> Date: Sun, 06 Dec 2009 13:12:18 -0700
> From: "Michael H. Frese"<Michael.Frese at NumerEx-LLC.com>
> Subject: [Beowulf] Cluster Communications Test App

[...]
> Is there some sort of parallel NetPipe out there that sends and
> receives scads of messages and keeps track of integrity and
> performance results?

What used to be Pallas, now Intel's IMB (v3.2) is what you are looking for:
http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-mpi-benchmarks/

Compile against your MPI environment and run. Very detailed instructions
are provided. I would suggest the Alltoall test method within IMB, it is
a good way to stress your topology.

--Jeff

--
Jeff Johnson

jeff.johnson at aeoncomputing.com
www.aeoncomputing.com
t: 858-412-3810   f: 858-412-3845
m: 619-204-9061

4905 Morena Boulevard, Suite 1313 - San Diego, CA 92117