[Beowulf] New member, upgrading our existing Beowulf cluster

Chris Dagdigian dag at sonsorol.org
Wed Dec 2 11:12:13 PST 2009

Not sure if you are looking at DIY or commercial options but this has
been done well on a commercial scale by at least some integrators.

I've never used them in a cluster but they make great virtualization

This is just one example, the marketing term is "1U Twin Server"

Other vendors have various other options and the range of "dedicated" vs
"shared" resources among the twin and quad server configurations can
vary quite a bit. There is a good chance someone is already making a box
with the specs you are interested in.