[Beowulf] Cluster install and admin approach (newbie question)

Bernard Li bernard at vanhpc.org
Mon Aug 31 11:57:27 PDT 2009

Hi Gil:

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 5:11 PM, <madskaddie at gmail.com> wrote:

> it. On the other side, the distributed approach tools (where every
> node is autonomous) seem to be halted (as systemimager - which is used
> in the Oscar project) or discontinued, or truly overblown for my

As far as I know, the OSCAR project is still alive and kicking:

http://svn.oscar.openclustergroup.org/trac/oscar

There hasn't been a lot of development for SystemImager, but the code
should be fairly stable and self-sufficient.

If you are looking for deployment systems to try out, you might also
want to take a look at Perceus.  Out of the box it does stateless
provisioning, but I have created patches so that it can perform
stateful provisioning as well.  Hopefully this will get included in
the 1.6 release:

http://www.perceus.org

Cheers,

Bernard