[Beowulf] nearly future of Larrabee

Mikhail Kuzminsky kus at free.net
Mon Aug 24 09:21:40 PDT 2009

In message from Bogdan Costescu <bcostescu at gmail.com> (Sun, 23 Aug
2009 03:17:08 +0200):
>2009/8/21 Mikhail Kuzminsky <kus at free.net>:
>> Q3. Does it means that Larrabee will give essential speedup also on
>>relative
>> short vectors ?
>
>I don't quite understand your question...

For example, will DAXPY give essential speedup (percent of peak
performance) for N=10 or 100 for example (for matrix and vector), and
will DGEMM give high performance for meduim sizes of matrices - or
we'll need large N values - for example, 1000, 10000 etc ?

What is about gather/scatter/etc for vector processing, the compilers
for Cray T90/C90 ... Cray 1, NEC SX-6/5/4... performs, I beleive, all
the necessary things.

Mikhail

Mikhail