[Beowulf] [hpc-announce] Call for Attendance: P2S2-2009 Workshop
chenyon1 at iit.edu
Fri Aug 7 12:55:38 PDT 2009
The Second International Workshop on Parallel Programming Models and
Systems Software for High-End Computing (P2S2) will be held in Vienna,
Austria, on Sept. 22nd, 2009 in conjunction with The 38th
International Conference on Parallel Processing (ICPP-2009). The
workshop program has been finalized and can be found here:
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/events/workshops/p2s2/pro.html (listed below
for your reference).
We welcome you attend the P2S2-2009 workshop and look forward to
seeing you in Vienna, Austria!
Session 1: Opening
Time: 09:00 - 10:30, Location: Room F3 (89), Chair: Pavan Balaji, Argonne
Opening Remarks (D. K. Panda, Pavan Balaji and Abhinav Vishnu)
Invited Keynote by Dr. Pete Beckman, Argonne National Laboratory, "Challenges
for System Software on Exascale Platforms"
10:30 - 11:00 Coffee Break
Session 2: Software for Large-scale Systems
Time: 11:00 - 12:30, Location: Room F3 (89), Chair: Tom Peterka, Argonne
1. "Characterizing the Performance of Big Memory on Blue Gene Linux"
Kazutomo Yoshii, Kamil Iskra, P. Chris Broekema, Harish Naik and Pete Beckman
2. "Optimization of Preconditioned Parallel Iterative Solvers for
Finite-Element Applications using Hybrid
Parallel Programming Models on T2K Open Supercomputer (Todai Combined Cluster)"
3. "Analyzing Checkpointing Trends for Applications on Peta-scale Systems"
Harish Naik, Rinku Gupta and Pete Beckman
12:30 - 14:00 Lunch
Session 3: Communication and I/O
Time: 14:00 - 15:30, Location: Room F3 (89), Chair: Abhinav Vishnu, Pacific
Northwest National Laboratory
1. "Designing and Evaluating MPI-2 Dynamic Process Management Support for
Tejus Gangadharappa, Matthew Koop and Dhabaleswar K Panda
2. "CkDirect: Unsynchronized One-Sided Communication in a Message-Driven Paradigm"
Eric Bohm, Sayantan Chakravorty, Pritish Jetley, Abhinav Bhatele and Laxmikant Kale
3. "Exploiting Latent I/O Asynchrony in Petascale Science Applications"
Patrick Widener, Matthew Wolf, Hasan Abbasi, Scott McManus, Mary Payne, Patrick
Bridges and Karsten Schwan
4. "Gears4Net - An Asynchronous Programming Model"
Martin Saternus, Torben Weis, Sebastian Holzapfel and Arno Wacker
15:30 - 16:00 Coffee Break
Session 4: Software for Multicore Architectures
Time: 16:00 - 17:30, Location: Room F3 (89), Chair: Ron Brightwell, Sandia
1. "Efficient Parallel Implementation of Molecular Dynamics with Embedded Atom
Method on Multi-core Platforms"
Changjun Hu, Yali Liu and Jianjiang Li
2. "Open Source Software Support for the OpenMP Runtime API for Profiling"
Oscar Hernandez, Van Bui, Richard Kufrin and Barbara Chapman
3. "Just-In-Time Renaming and Lazy Write-Back on the Cell/B.E."
Pieter Bellens, Rosa Badia and Jesus Labarta
More information about the Beowulf