[Beowulf] force factory rest of sfs7000 (topspin 120)

Brock Palen brockp at umich.edu
Tue Aug 4 11:48:21 PDT 2009

We have a cisco sfs7000 (maybe still under support waiting on cisco)
also known as a topspin 120, IB switch.

We cannot login with the password we (thought) had it set to. I have
looked online and find little tonight about forcing the switch back to
factory defaults without a login.

Serial console works fine, just can't login.  We can screw in firmware
a little by stopping boot, just don't know what to do from there.  If
anyone has directions how to force sfs7000 to factory defaults, or
password recovery help would be great.

Brock Palen
www.umich.edu/~brockp
Center for Advanced Computing