[Beowulf] shmem

Ashley Pittman apittman at concurrent-thinking.com
Wed Sep 24 02:46:12 PDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-09-23 at 22:16 -0400, Lawrence Stewart wrote:
> I'm starting work on a shmem implementation for the SiCortex systems.
>
> Is anyone aware of available test suites or API benchmark suites for
> shmem?  I am thinking of the equivalent of the Intel MPI tests or
> Intel MPI Benchmarks, awful though they are.

In the Quadrics shmem package there is a program called shmemtest which
attempts to cover most of the core functionality.

Actually the Quadrics shmem library is open source (LGPL) and largely
based around three put/get/wait functions, you might be able to re-use a
large part of it if you were so inclined.

> Separately, does anyone here happen to know whether shmem applications
> care about independent progress?  That is, if rank A is puting and
> geting
> to rank B, and rank B is off in application code, do the puts and gets
> have to take effect?

Yes.

Ashley Pittman.