[Beowulf] shmem

Lawrence Stewart larry.stewart at sicortex.com
Tue Sep 23 19:16:19 PDT 2008

I'm starting work on a shmem implementation for the SiCortex systems.

Is anyone aware of available test suites or API benchmark suites for
shmem?  I am thinking of the equivalent of the Intel MPI tests or
Intel MPI Benchmarks, awful though they are.

Separately, does anyone here happen to know whether shmem applications
care about independent progress?  That is, if rank A is puting and
geting
to rank B, and rank B is off in application code, do the puts and gets
have to take effect?

-L