[Beowulf] Re: MS Cray

Matt Lawrence matt at technoronin.com
Fri Sep 19 14:05:20 PDT 2008

On Thu, 18 Sep 2008, Mark Hahn wrote:

> and remember, less space and approximately the same power means higher
> heat-density.  I've never seen a lot of fully populated blade enclosures
> in one spot (which is kinda the point), though it should be doable with
> rack-back heat exchangers.

I'm actually looking for pointers to rear door heat exchangers.  From
reading the Liebert spec on theirs, it seems to only handle about
8KW/rack.  Since it's fairly easy to exceed that with modern systems, I'm
very curious to know what else is out there.  At this point, I suspect
that a fair amount of room cooling may be needed as well.

-- Matt
It's not what I know that counts.