[Beowulf] small cluster cooling / beer fridges

Mark Kosmowski mark.kosmowski at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 17:34:17 PDT 2008

On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 4:44 PM, Lux, James P <james.p.lux at jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:

> [...]
So if I don't have ready window access / it's a really big basement
and I don't want to cool the whole thing, maybe a very small AC unit
with some sort of enclosure to hold the towers would be better.  I
hadn't thought of doing this - thanks!  I think I burnt a couple DIMMs
this summer due to heat and would like to avoid that next year.

Our dryer broke and we've been just hanging up the laundry - perhaps I
could re-task the dryer outlet for a hosed AC unit.  Said outlet is
conveniently located near the hole in the concrete pad where the
washing machine drains (I know this probably has a name, but am not
all that familiar with construction vocabulary).  Again, thanks for
the idea and explanation!