[Beowulf] Re: MS Cray

kyron at neuralbs.com kyron at neuralbs.com
Thu Sep 18 13:09:15 PDT 2008

Yupp, that's where we are at and it's why they hire students like me to
take care of the dep's isolated server room because most the SVPs think
HPC == HA (clustering).

> I think the model that John Vert mentioned, using it as a software
> development workstation to try things out before running on the "big iron"
> is actually probably a more likely scenario. And for that, you might not
> want the full up configuration, just enough to make it a "real" cluster so
> you can work out the interprocessor communications issues.
>
> Jim

If that is the case, just get a multi-core system with Linux. And if you
like FluFF (and treasure your auditory capabilities), get a Power Mac.

Eric