[Beowulf] Re: MS Cray

Mark Hahn hahn at mcmaster.ca
Thu Sep 18 11:21:57 PDT 2008

> Note that for the fully populated enclosure the power supplies are dual, i.e.
> 2* 1600W = 3200W.

I see that now.  question for electrical-code enthusiasts on the list:
isn't a normal "15 amp" office circuit actually supposed to only be
used up to 12 amps?  that would mean 12*120=1440; in other words, each
1600W PS needs a special circuit.  also, isn't it pretty common for
an office duplex receptacle to be fed by a single (15A) circuit?

I guess what really surprises me is that Cray doesn't mention ScaleMP,
which would seem to suit this box ideally.  if someone wants Windows,
I'd very much expect them to want the convenience of ignoring the fact
that memory is distributed...