[Beowulf] 10gig CX4 switches

Scott Atchley atchley at myri.com
Mon Sep 15 17:53:51 PDT 2008

On Sep 15, 2008, at 8:38 PM, Joe Landman wrote:

> Greg Lindahl wrote:
>> I have a bunch of 1gig switches with CX4 10gig uplinks (and empty X2
>> ports) and it's time to buy a 10gig switch. Has anyone done a recent
>> survey of the market? I don't need any layer-3 features, just
>> layer-2.
>> I see that HP has a 6-port switch for ~ $4k, too small.
>> Arastra looks nice, except that their inexpensive 10base-CR only does
>> SFP+, not X2. And CX4 SFP+ doesn't even seem to exist (lack of space
>> for the connector?)
>> I know some of the big boys have expensive layer-3 10gig switches.
>> Can anyone give me a clue?
>
> The Myricom units are pretty reasonable/nice.

We have 32 port switches which can be configured with a combination of
Myrinet and Ethernet ports, but the Ethernet ports are either XFP or
SFP+. We do not offer Ethernet CX4 ports.

If you are looking for 12 or 20 ports, check out the Fujitsu XG
switches. They have an optional cut-through mode and <400 us latency.

There may be others, but I have used these.

Scott