[Beowulf] MOSIX2

Tony Travis ajt at rri.sari.ac.uk
Thu Sep 11 04:03:40 PDT 2008

Is anyone using MOSIX2?

I'm still running openMosix on our Beowulf cluster - We planned to
migrate (pun intended!) to Kerrighed but, although it looks very
promising, it is still too fragile for a production cluster. If one node
crashes the entire cluster goes down...

I ruled out MOSIX2 as an alternative at first, because it is not FLOSS.
However, it is open source and free for non-commercial use. I'd be very
interested to hear from anyone who is using MOSIX2 on a production
cluster or just evaluating it as I am about to do.

Thanks,

	Tony.
--
Dr. A.J.Travis, University of Aberdeen, Rowett Institute of Nutrition
and Health, Greenburn Road, Bucksburn, Aberdeen AB21 9SB, Scotland, UK