[Beowulf] 10th Annual Beowulf Bash: Announcement and sponsorship opportunity

Donald Becker becker at scyld.com
Fri Oct 31 09:45:40 PDT 2008

Subject: 10th Annual Beowulf Bash: Announcement and sponsorship
opportunity

Tenth Annual Beowulf Bash
    And
  LECCIBG

November 17 2008  9pm at Pete's Dueling Piano Bar

We are finalizing the plans for this year's combined Beowulf Bash
and LECCIBG

It will take place, as usual, with the IEEE SC Conference.
This year SC08 is in Austin during the week of Nov 17 2008

As in previous years, the attraction is the conversations with
other attendees.  We will have drinks and light snacks, with a short
greeting by the sponsors about 10:15pm.

The venue is in the lively area of Austin near 6th street, very close to
many of the conference hotels and within walking distance of the rest.

November 17 2008  9-11:30pm
     Monday, Immediately after the SC08 Opening Gala
Pete's Dueling Piano Bar
     http://www.petesduelingpianobar.com

If your company (or even you as an individual) would like to help
sponsor the event, please contact me, becker at beowulf.org before early
November.  (We can accommodate last-minute sponsorship, but your name
won't be on the printed info.)

Our "headlining" sponsor list for 2008 is currently:
  Penguin/Scyld (organizing sponsor)	http://penguincomputing.com
  AMD		http://amd.com
  NVIDIA	http://nvidia.com

Sponsors
  - get their name up in lights (Well, if their sign is lighted.  Bring a
    sign, and we'll do our best to make certain the room is not too dark.)
  - are part of the brief greeting in the middle of the party.
  - have the opportunity for technical, hands-on demos at the Bash
  - will have their logos on the beowulf.org BeoBash 2008 web pages
    and on the 2008 yearbook page

Donald Becker			Never send mail to beowulf-bait at boewulf.org
Penguin Computing / Scyld Software
www.penguincomputing.com		www.scyld.com