[Beowulf] ECC support on motherboards?

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pbm.com
Mon May 12 17:11:21 PDT 2008

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 07:39:35PM -0400, Joe Landman wrote:

> Server class boards generally do ECC.  Desktop class generally do not.

My local gamer PC shop was easily able to find desktop mobos with ECC
for me; they have a summary of the spec sheets from somewhere. They'd
never actually sold one, nor any ECC memory, but they knew how to
order it.

It's kind of tedious to go through the motherboard manuals yourself,
which is why I was lazy and called a shop. (These are our dev
machines @ Blekko...)

-- greg