[Beowulf] Re: Purdue Supercomputer

Geoff Jacobs gdjacobs at gmail.com
Mon May 12 06:20:21 PDT 2008

Karen Shaeffer wrote:
> Hi Geoff,
> Following my line of thought, the issue is only whether the PCI rail(s)
> powering all the IPMI circuitry are completely isolated from the
> rest of the system board circuitry or not. If true, then it would
> be equivalent to a daughterboard implementation. If false, then it
> would not.
>
> Thanks for your comments,
> Karen

It's a separate feed from the ATX supply, and I can't see how anyone
would be stupid enough to switch it on the motherboard. It should be
simply railed around the motherboard wherever needed. Perhaps, just to
be sure, I should break out my dead MVP3 board and the DMM -- have a
little experiment.

--
Geoffrey D. Jacobs