[Beowulf] Re: Purdue Supercomputer

stephen mulcahy smulcahy at aplpi.com
Mon May 12 01:28:29 PDT 2008

Greg Lindahl wrote:
> Last I saw someone doing this, IPMI sharing an ethernet port with the
> host led to all kinds of weird ARP problems. Whereas a dedicated port
> is much easier to configure. My favorite vendors all offer a
> dedicated port...

Yes, same here - I've done some experimentation on a node with IPMI and
shared port and it was pretty horrible to get working properly.

What software tools are people using to manage IPMI? I've dabbled with
some vendor tools and being underwhelmed, and some of the tools that
come with Linux seemed to half-work (maybe thats the norm?).

-stephen

--
Stephen Mulcahy, Applepie Solutions Ltd., Innovation in Business Center,
GMIT, Dublin Rd, Galway, Ireland.  +353.91.751262  http://www.aplpi.com