[Beowulf] visualization machine

Joshua Baker-LePain jlb17 at duke.edu
Fri Mar 28 15:41:20 PDT 2008

On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 at 3:25pm, Greg Lindahl wrote

> On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 01:40:57PM -0400, Mark Hahn wrote:
>
>> I haven't had problems with either nv or nvidia drivers.
>
> nvidia is somewhat annoying to update to new versions or new kernels.
>
> If you use the arguments "-a --no-x-check -K -k" it will run in a
> window, but you still have to install the first time manually, and
> updates have to be run one by one... although I suppose I could run it
> in a screen or something...

Depending on your distribution, there are various folks packaging up the
drivers in more convenient forms than nvidia's installer.  The livna RPMs
for Fedora, e.g., work very well.

There's also the option of tying it into DKMS.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
QB3 Shared Cluster Sysadmin