[Beowulf] Confused over the term cluster

amjad ali amjad11 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 22:46:09 PDT 2008

More general term one could use is the "processing element".
For example if a cluster consists of
2 nodes with each having 1 single core CPU,
2 nodes with each having 1 dual core CPU,
2 nodes with each having 1 quad core CPU,
2 nodes with each having 2 dual core CPUs, and
2 nodes with each having 2 quad core CPUs.

Then we could better say that there are 38 "pocessing elements" in this
10-nodes cluster.
Note that there are 10 motherboards in this cluster.