[Beowulf] NUMA info request

Lombard, David N dnlombar at ichips.intel.com
Tue Mar 25 08:58:06 PDT 2008

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 06:58:58AM -0400, Mark Kosmowski wrote:

> This discussion as well as reading about NUMA and affinity elsewhere
> leads to another question - what is the difference between using
> numactl or using the affinity options of my parallelization software
> (in my case openmpi)?

OpenMPI will handle to affinity for you for each rank of your job within
the context of your MPI job; using the external utils will require you to
manage this yourself on a process- by-process basis.

--
David N. Lombard, Intel, Irvine, CA
I do not speak for Intel Corporation; all comments are strictly my own.